Folding Glass Walls
Operable Folding Glass Wall Systems
Open your world with operable folding glass walls from Solar Innovations, Inc. These custom designed door and wall products allow consumers to open any space and enjoy unobstructed views. Folding glass walls are accordion style doors which fold left, right, or are split to fold in two directions (bi-fold door applications) from middle panels to create a unique opening glass wall. These folding glass walls can be used for residential and commercial applications, interior and exterior spaces, and in high velocity hurricane zone (HVHZ) requirements.
Folding glass walls are useful in both commercial and residential applications, they have been incorporated into pool houses, covered patios, enclosed porches, restaurants, retirement homes, stadiums, hotels, and golf resorts, just to name a few.
Learn more about our accordion doors on our informative, “What Is A Folding Glass Wall” page.
The Advantage of Folding Glass Walls
- Manufactured in the United States of America. Solar Innovations, Inc’s products are manufactured at our facility in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania. Tour our facility and meet the estimator, project manager, and sales representative assigned to your project and see where your final functioning folding glass wall will be produced.
- In-house professionals. Solar Innovations, Inc. has a team of in-house architects and engineers on staff. Folding glass walls are engineered to allow high DP ratings and ensure their ability to withstand extreme circumstances. All of Solar Innovations, Inc.’s folding glass walls are custom manufactured to provide limitless design flexibility in hardware and stile widths.
- Custom manufactured folding glass walls. Solar Innovations, Inc.’s products are not stored on shelves, waiting to be sold. All products are built to a customer’s exact specifications. Every aspect of a project can be customized, such as sizes, finishes, hardware, and configurations.
- Highest testing and largest sizes. Solar Innovations, Inc. offers the largest folding glass walls currently on the market (3′ x 10′ and 3′ ½” x 9′ ½”) tested for Florida ratings, 3′ x 8′ folding glass walls will be tested for Miami Dade. The majority of Solar Innovations, Inc. products have been impact, air, water, and structurally tested. Solar also offers one of the largest available folding glass wall sizes; a single panel can reach 5′ x 15′. These large sizes are especially useful in situations involving multiple story buildings and long spans.
Please contact your Solar Innovations, Inc. representative for additional information and guidance on purchasing folding glass walls or bi-fold doors for your home and commercial location or click on the links above for additional information.
Series SI3000 thermally enhanced aluminum folding glass walls can be used in commercial or residential applications. These folding glass walls offer exceptional air, water, structural, and thermal performance in any condition. Multiple
sill options and profile dimensions provide greater performance and design flexibility. Customization of product profiles, hardware, sills, panel size, and testing can be completed upon request.
Features of Folding Glass Walls:
- Water performance, up to 13 psf, depending upon sill choice.
- Thermally enhanced with iso-bar thermal break.
- Operable hardware custom manufactured by Solar Innovations, Inc.
- Zero-maintenance extruded aluminum hinge with Stainless Steel pin
- Roller assemblies designed to minimize and simplify panel maintenance
- Multiple hardware styles and finishes
- Accommodates monolithic and insulated glazing infills from 3/16″ to 1 1/8″
- Standard baked enamel finishes (AAMA 2603)
- Duracron: Hartford Green, Bronze, Black, Natural Clay, White, Sandstone
- Top or bottom load, inswing or outswing operation
- LEED friendly system including recycled content
- Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
Folding Glass Wall Options:
- Matching fixed transoms and sidelites
- Integrated swing doors: single or double
- Integrated Dutch doors: single or double
- Custom finishes:
- Class I Anodized: Dark Bronze, Clear
- Powder coat finish: AAMA 2603-2604
- Fluoropolymer (50% or 70%): AAMA 2604-2605
- Veneer and cladding options
- Dual color or dual finish options
- Decorative interior and exterior grids
- Screen options: folding, sliding, retractable
- Multiple sill designs, including ADA compliant ramps
- Factory installed sill drain tubes, if required
- Designed to accommodate any monolithic, insulated, and laminated