Folding Glass Walls
Operable Folding Glass Wall Systems
Custom designed operable folding glass walls from Solar Innovations, Inc. open your world to any space and allow you to enjoy unobstructed views. Types of folding glass walls include accordion style doors which fold to the left, right, or are split to fold in two directions (bi-fold applications) from middle panels to create a unique opening. These walls can be used for either residential or commercial applications, interior or exterior spaces, and when there are high velocity hurricane zone (HVHZ) requirements. These systems can also be used as pool enclosures, pool houses, covered patios, enclosed porches, restaurants, retirement homes, stadiums, hotels, and golf resorts, as well as many other applications.
If you would like to learn more about our accordion style doors, please visit our informative, “What Is A Folding Glass Wall” page.
The Advantage of Folding Glass Walls
- Manufactured in the United States of America: Solar Innovations, Inc’s products are manufactured at our facility in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania. You can schedule a tour of our facility, meet the estimator, project manager, and sales representative assigned to your project and see where your final project will be produced.
- In-house professionals: Folding glass walls are engineered by Solar Innovations, Inc. in-house architects and engineers to allow high DP ratings and ensure their ability to withstand extreme circumstances. All of Solar Innovations, Inc.’s folding glass walls are custom manufactured to provide limitless design flexibility in hardware and stile widths.
- Custom manufactured: Solar Innovations, Inc. constructs products to match a customer’s exact specifications and does not store them on shelves, waiting to be sold. Every aspect of a project can be customized, such as sizes, finishes, hardware, and configurations.
- Highest testing and largest sizes. Solar Innovations, Inc. offers the largest folding glass walls currently on the market (3′ x 10′ and 3′ ½” x 9′ ½”) tested for Florida ratings. The majority of Solar Innovations, Inc. products have been impact, air, water, and structurally tested. Solar also offers one of the largest folding glass wall panels available on the market. A single panel can reach 5′ x 15′ and these large sizes are especially useful in situations involving multiple story buildings and large spans.
Please contact your Solar Innovations, Inc. representative for additional information and guidance on purchasing folding glass walls or bi-fold doors for your home and commercial location or click on the links above for additional information.
The Series SI3000 thermally enhanced system can be used in commercial or residential applications. These folding glass walls offer exceptional air, water, structural, and thermal performance in any condition. Multiple
sill options and profile dimensions provide greater performance and design flexibility. Customization of product profiles, hardware, sills, panel size, and testing can be completed upon request.
- Water performance, up to 13 psf, depending upon sill choice.
- Thermally enhanced with iso-bar thermal break.
- Operable hardware custom manufactured by Solar Innovations, Inc.
- Zero-maintenance extruded aluminum hinge with Stainless Steel pin
- Roller assemblies designed to minimize and simplify panel maintenance
- Multiple hardware styles and finishes
- Accommodates monolithic and insulated glazing infills from 3/16″ to 1 1/8″
- Standard baked enamel finishes (AAMA 2603)
- Duracron: Hartford Green, Bronze, Black, Natural Clay, White, Sandstone
- Top or bottom load, inswing or outswing operation
- LEED friendly system including recycled content
- Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Matching fixed transoms and sidelites
- Integrated swing doors: single or double
- Integrated Dutch doors: single or double
- Custom finishes:
- Class I Anodized: Dark Bronze, Clear
- Powder coat finish: AAMA 2603-2604
- Fluoropolymer (50% or 70%): AAMA 2604-2605
- Veneer and cladding options
- Dual color or dual finish options
- Decorative interior and exterior grids
- Screen options: folding, sliding, retractable
- Multiple sill designs, including ADA compliant ramps
- Factory installed sill drain tubes, if required
- Designed to accommodate any monolithic, insulated, and laminated