Innovations in Employment
At Solar Innovations, Inc. we are always looking for exceptional talent and outstanding performance. You will be a member of a team working toward the common goals of employee and customer satisfaction, as well as getting the job done on time and in line with budgets. We take pride in our ability to reach our goals efficiently, work hard, deliver results, and have FUN. Our values are reflected in our desire and ability to deliver on our promises to both employees and customers. As a company, we appreciate and acknowledge team members who work toward innovation, efficiency, and the company’s continued success.
We pride ourselves on being dynamic, progressive, environmentally-aware, active in our community, and technologically-advanced. Solar Innovations, Inc. is committed to reducing our environmental footprint and improving our performance. We strive to design sustainable products, while providing a safe and healthful workplace for our employees, contractors, and communities.
That’s what we promise our customers and demand from ourselves.
Solar Innovations, Inc. relocated to Roberts Road in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania in June of 2009. The 300,000 sq of office and manufacturing space, located on our 24 acre campus, provides ample space for Solar’s continued growth.
Why Solar Innovations, Inc.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Dynamic, fast-paced culture that thrives on creativity and innovation
- Diverse workforce in which everyone’s ideas are welcomed
- Professional attitudes with a business casual dress code
- Recognition for team members
- Family- friendly atmosphere
As a Solar Innovations Inc. Team Member, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and top benefits including:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health, dental, prescription plans, and vision discount plan
- 401(k) program with generous company match; profit sharing and additional match based on annual profitability
- Payroll direct deposit
- Incentive Bonus Plan
Accepting resumes for Powder Coater/Painter, Laborer / Shop Trainee, Entry to Mid-Level Installer.
Engineering Technician / Drafter
We are a growing company seeking individuals to join our expanding Drafting & Design Team. Engineering Technicians have a unique opportunity to create custom 2D and 3D architectural drawings for many different customers on a daily basis. Team members will have the potential to specialize in structures, windows/doors, or a mixture of both product lines.
Ideal candidates will have strong attention to detail, proficient skills in AutoCAD, and basic Microsoft product computer skills, including Outlook and Office Suite. Self motivated, eager to succeed, and determined candidates will be best suited for this position.
Summary of Position/Area of Focus
- Develop accurate and detailed submittal drawings and fabrication packages that will be utilized for layout and fabrication.
- Review engineering specifications to ensure that project information is drafted accurately and in a timely manner in accordance to engineering requirements.
- Identify, locate and update all appropriate product information related to the standard configurations and/or company standards for production.
- Develop the ability to perform simple layouts, details, fastener lists, and cutlists for fabrication, using personal discretion to update and make suggestions for possible design and product improvements.
- Work with architects, builders, and end users to discuss design concepts and convert ideas into final drawings.
- Candidate must be organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- 2 or 4 year degree required.
- Intermediate experience with AutoCAD (2D and/or 3D) and Excel is preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Attention to detail and experience with tight deadlines are crucial to success in the position.
- Must be capable of taking direction and constructive criticism, and help to guide the team as a whole.
- Must be flexible and willing to serve the changing needs of customers and the Company as a whole ,while acting as a team player.
- Experience in the construction industry a plus.
- Experience with Solidworks, Mastercam, and/or ProE will create additional opportunities.
Summary of Position
- Work under the direct supervision of the Installation Crew Leader to erect and install Solar Innovations, Inc.’s basic custom glass enclosures and operable door and window systems.
- Work with other crew members to load and unload Company trucks for each respective job, while taking the utmost care when handling each customer’s product.
- Follow all Departmental and Company safety policies, ensuring safe working practices are a top priority on a daily basis.
- Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, ear plugs, protective tipped boots, fall protection equipment, hardhats, and back braces as needed; and follow all necessary safety procedures, including crane operating safety and hazard communication.
- Travel to jobsites that are typically within 1 – 6 hours of Solar Innovations, Inc.’s facility; overnight travel will also be required.
- Complete DOT training to become certified to drive Company vehicles (non-CDL) when needed.
- Understand and follow the Hours of Service Regulations that cover all DOT drivers (< 26,001lb. vehicles), with regards to the amount of time drivers are able to operate a vehicle within a given time period.
- Complete a daily driver’s log and timesheets for hours worked.Interact with other departments, such as Project Management and Fabrication, to ensure that all shipped items are accurately accounted for.
- Possess the general ability to read blueprints, to ensure that installation is completed as per the approved drawings.
- Follow all clearly defined procedures and review installation manuals as needed to limit unnecessary rework.
Addition information about the role:
- Schedules are typically a 4-day workweek, with overtime possibilities.
- In addition, there are limited prevailing wage project opportunities.
- Accepting applications for multiple levels of experience, from entry level to supervisor trainee and/or crew leader, with the opportunity to grow as experience is gained.
- Ability to read blueprints helpful
- Experience with roofing, siding, sheet metal, and general construction/carpentry helpful.
- Knowledge of DOT driving requirements and/or log book completion a plus.
- Experience with installing doors, windows, and/or glass enclosures a plus.
CNC Machine Center Operator
Operate modern computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts (HAAS Mills and dual spindle lathes). Load parts in machine, cycle machine, and detect malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Program and perform custom machining of lineals.
Previous experience with HAAS and/or Elumatec CNC Machinery a plus.
Putting Brilliant Minds Together and Giving Them the Tools to Succeed
You will play an integral role in the continued growth of Solar Innovations, Inc. no matter the department or discipline you join within our organization. We are a company where you can contribute to fast track growth and enjoy the rewards of success. If you want to become a part of a growth-oriented company and you possess a desire to succeed, your next great opportunity might be on our team.
If you’re driven to succeed, dedicated to excellence, and enjoy high earnings potential, we would like to talk to you.
Build your career—join Solar Innovations®!
Applications accepted Monday thru Friday 8 am – 4 pm
31 Roberts Road
Pine Grove, PA 17963
or email your resume to Solar’s Human Resource Department.
Previous applicant need not apply.
Solar Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider of employment and services and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, age or disability.